Tuesday, October 18, 2011

pleasantries...

"Im thinking about when people ask "How you been?", "How are you?" "How you doing" and any other form - How many of them/you actually WANT to know and genuinely care???... Or is that just me.'
 I Know that we hear it on a regular basis when we go shopping... and when they ask its a part of the customer service "experience" but if you're gonna pretend to give a shit at least pretend to listen too!


 Do you know how many times I hear "how you been?" and then it stops right there. Ive heard people say "not so great" "horrible day!" and then I hear from the person who asked say "...mmm thats great" "..mmm..good" etc. :-O Do they not know that they actually have to listen to your response!? I guess most of the time its "Im fine" "doing good" etc and they automatically hear those responses even when one customer decides to be truthfull and comment that the day isnt all that great.

 Most of the time when people ask me at the check out lane I just say "fine" "great" etc and its because I know that you dont care, you wanna go home, i understand, I just wanna get outta this line... but on a very rare occasion i hear that sincerity in a persons voice that actually makes me want to speak to and have a short conversation with them , a few laughs are exchanged and a genuine "have a good day" and "thanks, you too!" are exchanged at the end. I guess I miss that. Working in customer service in the past , the only thing that kept me sane and going , when dealing with the rude, annoying, egotistical customer and with the rude, annoying and egotistical salesperson , was the GENUINE exchange of pleasantries between them and me.
I dont know about you guys but I'd rather you keep your fake pleasantries to yourself. ... that or get acting lesson or practice on your fake pleasantries.
PS Thanks to those who actually give a shit. :) I do too!
:P




No comments:

Post a Comment